399 Fremont will be apartment rentals. 

399 Fremont in San Francisco - apartments for rent
Rendering of 399 Fremont courtesy of SCB.

Approved Development:

“The approved proposal is a new residential project that would consist of approximately:

  •  452 dwelling units
  • up to 238 off street parking spaces
  • 150 bicycle spaces,

    and for the granting of exceptions to allow greater than one parking space for every two dwelling units under Planning Code Sections 151.1(d) and 309.1(b)(1)(b), for reduction of the dwelling unit exposure requirements under Planning Code Sections 140 and 309.1(b)(1)(d), and to provide exceptions to the separation of towers requirement under Planning Code Sections 270(e) and 309.1(b)(1)(a).

Site Description:

“CASE NO 2010.0248X

The approximately 37,812 square foot project site consists of three parcels that are located along the east side of Fremont Street between Harrison Street and Folsom Street. The Project site is on the north slope of Rincon Hill and slopes up toward Harrison Street and down toward Folsom Street.

The site was improved with three structures – 355 375 Fremont, known as the Hjul Building, a two story, approximately 46,500 square foot office building constructed in 1929 as an industrial building and subsequently converted to office uses; 385 Fremont, a two story, approximately 15,000 square foot building with mezzanine containing an auto repair garage and office space; and 399 Fremont, the Apostleship of the Sea, a three story plus basement, 35,000 square foot building used as a social service center, with a chapel and temporary shelter for homeless people. The Hjul Building at 355 375 Fremont Street was listed in four local surveys containing buildings that could be considered historic resources.

When it certified the Final EIR for the Rincon Hill Plan, the Planning Commission found that the benefits of the Plan, including development of the 355 375 Fremont Street site, outweigh its significant impacts, including demolition of the Hjul Building. The buildings were demolished in February of 2008.”

Learn More:

  • First Name
  • Last Name
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.