38 Bryant @ Embarcadero/Main and 403 Main @ Bryant/Harrison
403 Main Street Unit 203n San Francisco, CA 94105
Quick Facts about The Portside San Francisco:
- Year Built: 1994 (38 Bryant), 1997 (403 Main)
- Number of homes: 62 at 38 Bryant, 158 at 403 Main
- Parking Type: Independent in a shared garage, one space per unit, lease fee applies
- Home Sizes: Studios, one-bedroom homes, two-bedroom homes and a few three-bedroom homes
- Pets: Allowed, restrictions based on number, size, and type
- Amenities: Outdoor pool, spa and sun deck, two fitness centers (one per building), on-site management, 24-hour security
Developer: Hum Baby Associates
Architect: HKS Architects
Contractor: Webcor (403 Main)
With a distinct nautical look and a location across the Embarcadero from San Francisco Bay, The Portside San Francisco condo buildings at 38 Bryant and 403 Main sport rounded corners, railings reminiscent of a cruise ship, and porthole-type accent windows. Portside I (38 Bryant) was built in 1994 and Portside II (403 Main) followed in 1997.
Studios are approximately 480-620 square feet; one-bedroom homes are approximately 665-1,000 square feet; two-bedroom homes range in size from just under 1,000 square feet to about 1,200 square feet; and the few three-bedroom homes measure just under 1,400 square feet.
Amenities shared between both buildings include two fitness centers (one in each building), an outdoor pool, spa and pool deck. Most homes have extra storage within the building, and all have access to leased parking in a shared garage. Optional valet service is available.
The South Beach area has grown up around the Portside since the 1990s, with a revitalized Embarcadero, the Ferry Building and AT&T Park (home of the World Series winning San Francisco Giants) all a short distance away. Commuters have quick and easy access to MUNI on the Embarcadero, Caltrain at 4th & King Streets and BART on Market Street. Car commuters can reach 280, 101 and the Bay Bridge within a few blocks of home.